Monday, November 24, 2008



I have started constructing the vehicle in Alias based on the side view and some other sketches I have done. I will be uploading those in a little while.
Creating a 3d model of the car is much more difficult than anything I have ever tried. You must know how you want each and every surface to interact with eachother. On top of that, creating the surfacing so it provides a beautiful render is even more difficult. There are NO sharp corners anywhere, and EVERYTHING has a fillet, however small it may be.
I am definitly going to be rebuilding the front fender, it is nothing like what I have sketched or intended, but creating this basic model is just like sketching, where you have to communicate your ideas and evolve the form until you get what you desire.
This is just an extra dimension to worry about.

No comments: